- Congratulations to the Poppy Barley team and Edmonton designer Malorie Urbanovitch for being nominated for Canadian Arts & Fashion Awards! The show is taking place tonight (April 7) in Toronto. Follow along live from the red carpet tomorrow night – here.
- Speaking of Poppy Barley, they recently hosted a meaningful event celebrating International Women’s Day. I joined 30 other local women to talk about our city and our future. We met at Lifestyle Meditation and discussed “values” with the crew from lululemon Edmonton. It was an honour to be included. (Those are my black Poppy Barley boots in the photo below!) This is my absolute favourite photo from the event.
- Congrats to the team at Central Social Hall on their new renovation! The re-opening goes tomorrow (April 8) with a private event from 7-9, before Central opens to the public at 9:00 p.m. The new menu looks great!
- A movie is being filmed in Edmonton right now called Puppy Love, starring Hopper Penn (Sean Penn’s son). They’ve filmed all over the city, including Uncle Albert’s on 124th street a few weeks ago, and most recently in the Bonnie Doon and Strathern neighbourhoods. Sean Penn has reportedly been spotted in Edmonton while his son films, so keep your eyes peeled!
- Saks Off Fifth opened a new location in north Edmonton’s Skyview Power Centre (13554 137 Ave). To celebrate, they’re giving away $50 gift certificates every thirty minutes all weekend. See what I picked up from Saks – here!
- The Orchid Fair is on April 7-9 at The Enjoy Centre. What a way to welcome spring, surrounded by stunning flowers!
- I love this piece on shopping local from one my my favourite local blogs withjustine.com
- Well-loved Edmonton photographer Blakes Loates is starting a biker gang! The plan is to go on bicycle adventures every Sunday “from May until the snow flies.” Sounds like the ride will end at a pub or coffee shop. What a fabulous way to get to know your city. More – here.
Have a tip, an event you want featured, or know of a local spot I need to check out? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!