Treat your loved one to these easy heart-shaped biscuits this Valentine’s Day! Paired perfectly with a bowl of homemade soup, or simply with jam.
My mom made this easy Heart-Shaped Biscuits for my dad a few years ago, and I totally ripped the idea straight from her. (Thanks Mom!)
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- dash of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of milk
- pastry cutter/blender
- pastry brush
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- mixing bowl
- heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut butter into pieces and work into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter.
- Add in milk a bit at a time while working the dough – just enough so it comes together. You don’t want to over-work it or the biscuits will turn out like a puck instead of nice and fluffy.
- Place on a lightly-floured surface and roll out to a 1/2 inch thick.
- Use your heart-shaped cutter to shape your biscuits.
Take a pastry brush to paint a bit more butter onto the front of your biscuits to give them that golden-brown glaze.
Bake for 12-14 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
Don’t forget to Pin this to your Yummy Biscuits and Valentine’s Day Meals boards. You can follow me on Pinterest here!
Other Posts You’ll Like: