I’ve tried and tested out a few different recipes for pumpkin squares over the years but I always come back to this one. It’s the best!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup instant oats
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 can Farmer’s Market Organic Pumpkin
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- First, combine flour, oats, brown sugar and butter in a mixer. Mix for a few minutes, until everything is crumbly.
- Press the mixture into the base of an ungreased 13×9-inch baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While your crust is baking, combine cane sugar, can of pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice in your mixer and beat for about two minutes at medium speed.
- Once the crust is finished baking, pour your mixture on top and return to the oven to bake for another 20 minutes.
- Meantime, chop your pecans and combine with 1/4 cup of brown sugar. Sprinkle the pecan topping over the filling and return to the oven to bake for another 20-25 minutes.
- Finally, cool and then cut into bars.
We like to enjoy ours with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Pin this to your fall treats and desserts boards and don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest!
Other Posts You’ll Love: