- Crave Cupcakes has all sorts of Easter treats, including mini egg cupcakes and bunny cookies.
- The Tea Girl‘s Mini Egg Latte is back! Pop into this adorable tea shop just off 124th and gets yours! (Vegan options available.)
- Local food blogger The Kitchen Magpie just posted a yummy Easter bread recipe.
I’ll be updating the Easter treats list for next week’s Local Love List. If you have any to add, email me!
Adorable Easter Stuff for Kids:
- Time to help the Easter Bunny fill those baskets! I’ve found the most adorable Easter stuff for kids. Everything from books, clothes, accessories, bath stuff, mealtime items, etc. Wait until you see the most stylish wool bunny hats! Check out the post here.
Zoo Egg Hunt:
- The Edmonton Valley Zoo is hosting an Easter Egg Hunt on March 31. There are two time slots (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) for kids aged 2-5. More info here.
Tiffany Pratt Winner:
- Congratulations to Chelsea Livingstone who won my Tiffany Pratt VIP Meet and Greet contest on Instagram Story! She and three friends are off to hear Tiffany’s presentation at The Edmonton Home + Garden Show this weekend. They’ll sit front row and get to meet and chat with her beforehand. If you aren’t following Tiffany on Instagram, do it! She’s awesome, and so is her feed. I often do giveaways on Instagram, so make sure you’re following me too!
Edmonton Home + Garden Show:
- There are a ton of fun events happening at The Edmonton Home + Garden Show this weekend. There’s a celebrity cake bake-off tomorrow (Saturday, March 24) at 3:00 pm to help celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the show. Also, The Maple Leaf Cup Floral Design Competition showcases 20 florists from across the country, competing to win a trip for two to Philadelphia in 2019 to represent Canada at the World Cup of Flowers. Plus, you can win a ton of amazing prizes. See the full list here.
- I’m so excited about “Style File,” a brand new feature here at KariSkelton.com. My goal is to share style advice and outfit inspiration while introducing you to interesting people. “Dressing Boho Chic for a Physical Job” showcases spiritual healer Amber Kupina. Read the post here.
Mental Health Awards:
- How incredible is this?! Edmonton’s first mental health awards will be handed out May 10. It’s to recognize local changemakers advocating mental health in Edmonton. To nominate someone or get tickets, go here.
Mudpie Playhouse Summer Camp:
- The new cafe and play spot on the west end (read more here) is offering a four-day summer camp from July 23-27. Looks like there are two options for ages 3-6 and 7-9. Early bird registration is now open. More info here.
Creation Space Summer Camps:
- One of our favourite art studios in the city has some really neat summer camp options for your kids. Forest fairies, Unicorns, Mermaid, Monster, Art & Nature, and more. Sign up here.
- I had an absolute blast hosting the Jasper PJ Party at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge last weekend! Terry Clark was the special guest and the event was western-themed. Watch for a style post coming out next week on how to dress modern western.
Photo: Mandy Kostiuk Photography
- Congratulations to our friends at Farm Fresh Pet Foods, whose all-natural dog treats will be included in the swag bags at the MTV Movie Awards. These treats are our dog Moses’ favourites!
- Only another week left to use my code to get 40% off your first HelloFresh box! Fresh ingredients and the recipes to make amazing meals (we’ve loved every single dish we’ve tried!) delivered right to your door. Order here.
Check out last week’s Local Love List: A New Spin Studio, The Best Shoe Repair, and Our Magazine Shoot!
Do you know of any hidden gems, cool local product, or unique events happening in the Edmonton area? Email me