Borden Pool Update
- After weeks of delay, the Borden Pool is set to open next week! The grand opening of Canada’s first public, man-made natural swimming pool (in Edmonton) is next Wednesday, July 11. No chemicals are used to treat the water so the guidelines for use are a bit different from other public pools. A reminder that all City of Edmonton outdoor pools are FREE all summer long. More details on Borden here.
- Child Friendly Edmonton has put together a map of spaces, places, and activities for the summer that are kid-friendly! Check it out here. Just hover your cursor over the little dots and all the information you’ll need pops up. Very impressive.
Summer Park Series
- Shop 124th Street is hosting free family-friendly fun at Helen Nolan park (108 Ave +124 Street) every Saturday in summer from 1-4 pm. The first one goes tomorrow (July 7) and features circus events. More here.
Downtown Dog Park
- I may be late to the party on this one but I just discovered it and wanted to share for those of you (like me) who had no idea. There’s a really cool dog park right in the heart of our city. Alex Decoteau Park (105 Street and 102 Ave) is an open green space made of at-grade turf with a community garden and a fenced off-leash dog park! More here.
Flowers + Eggs
- I adore this so much I can’t quite contain myself. Search for Good Land Farms (flower farm) at this weekend’s Whyte Ave Art Walk. They’ve teamed up with Om Ever After to offer fresh bouquets, fresh eggs, and a few other goodies. Find them at the vendors market at 8310 104 Street (parking lot of the Southside Memorial Chapel) in a cute vintage trailer, today and tomorrow.
- Congratulations to the crew at Plum Home + Design on the opening of their brand new store in Oliver Exchange (12019 102 Ave)! Pura Botanicals and So Pretty Cara Cotter move into their shared space on 124th (the old Miss Boss location) next Thursday, July 12.
Our New Outdoor Oasis Reveal
- See all the photos, the amazing finds I scored, and how I spruced up existing pieces to create our new outdoor oasis! Read here.
Lemonade Stand Day
- We’re still weeks away from this but it’s a great time to start planning! The 5th Annual Lemonade Stand Day is set for Sunday, August 26, in support of the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation. Simply Supper will provide the cups, lemonade, and a kit of decorations. All your kids have to do is host the stand. Talk about a wonderful learning experience for your kids, not to mention an awesome fundraiser to kids who aren’t well. More here.
You can read last week’s Local Love List here.
Do you know of any hidden gems, unique events, or cool local product in the Edmonton area that may be a fit for the Local Love List? Please email me!