Dinner on the Farm
- You can eat a fabulous meal at a long table in a hip barn just outside the city. I stumbled across the Old Red Barn on Instagram and I can’t wait to try this place out! Drive seven minutes southwest of Leduc to this magical barn overlooking Whitemud Creek where you’ll experience a farm to table dinner under the twinkle lights. They bring in chefs from the Edmonton area and work with local farmers and producers to create the meal. You can view their upcoming events here.
- The same couple who runs the Old Red Barn also has The Old Fashioned Mobile Bar – a 1962 Forester turned into a bar on wheels you can rent for weddings and special events. They serve beer, wine, and speciality cocktails.
- It’s an experience when you order a drink at Bar Clementine. The meticulous way the bartenders craft their cocktails is beyond impressive. I’ve been several times before but this was the first time Ryan and I had been together. It’s a great spot for date night. Sit at the bar and watch the artists do their work.
Berry Picking Adventure
- Our family went on a berry-picking excursion with Northern Bites recently and it was such a lovely way to spend an evening! A limo took us from Fifendekel Sandwich Shop to Thiels Greenhouse to pick Saskatoon berries. After that, we headed back to Fifendekel to bake our pies to take home. See what Northern Bites is up to here.
Lipstick Empire Birthday
- My favourite laser spa is having a birthday and passing on the gifts to you! For the entire month of August, Lipstick Empire has a buy two get one free on all services (offer excludes body contouring, filler/botox and microblading.) Also, make sure to RSVP to their birthday celebration here.
Me Time With Pandora
- I truly believe ‘me time’ is essential to our overall well-being and happiness. My most recent ‘me time’ day involved shopping, patio time and new jewellery! Take a peek at what I picked up from Pandora’s new Shine Collection!
- Make sure you check out my dreamy beach wave tutorial, using either a curling iron or straightener. I teamed up with the expert, my hair stylist, Nina Simons for a super simple how-to for a beach wave that lasts all day. See it here!
- Check out the latest edition of Style File, featuring fibre artist, Kyla Lindholm!
Do you know of any hidden gems, unique events, or cool local product in the Edmonton area that may be a fit for the Local Love List? Please email me.