Hidden gems, cool local product, and unique events in the Edmonton area.
Here’s what’s on your Local Love List this week!
The Local Love List is published the first Friday of every month at KariSkelton.com! Thank you for continuing to read my blog and support my small business!
Be sure to check out the special edition Local Love List: How To Help Small Shops Now (published March 20, 2020)
- Brilliant idea. The crew at Cartago has created an online shop – Der Market, with cocktail mixing supplies and barware! Each kit makes about 10-12 drinks, depending on your pour. Available for pickup at the restaurant. Go here to see the lineup, including a sexy gold shaker set.
- Real-life Monopoly in chalk on the sidewalk outside of St.Paul Elementary in Crestwood (near 145 Street and 96 Ave). More.
- Our friends at Party & Confetti are providing outdoor installations for those fun birthday parades! They are also doing DIY kits with instructions for indoor balloon garland installations. Connect with them here.
Online Music For Kids
- Backbeat Studio has moved Little Beats kids rock’n’roll classes to Zoom! Your little one gets a 30-minute group class and 15-minute private lesson each week. There are still a few spots available! A great time to get your kids involved in music and an awesome way to keep them occupied. 😉 Go here to register.
Pierogi Making Kits
- Learn how to make pierogis with your kids! Or, just yourself. 🙂 The Pierogerie has released pierogi-making kits which includes filling and dough to make 20! More details here.
Free Adult Colouring Sheets
- Story Wild Studios is offering FREE cheeky colouring sheets for Grownups. Download here.
Cake + Flowers
- The Art of Cake and Fabloomosity have teamed up for a great Mother’s Day package. A beautiful Fabloomosity spring bouquet and 6″ Vanilla Lemon Curd and Raspberry Buttercream cake. Order here with pickup on May 9 between 10-4pm.
- Fabloomosity is out with it’s new Bloom Box with a great message! 🙂 You can order one here. You could also win one in my Celebrate Spring Giveaway launching tomorrow (Saturday, May 2) at 8:30 a.m on my Instagram.
- I’m mixing up some cocktails made with local ingredients, paired with yummy local food, inspired by a West Secord showhome! Catch Friday cocktails on my IGTV here.
Sangria and Burgers
- Woodshed Burgers is now selling take-home Sangria packs with online orders. $8 each or four for $25. Woodshed now offers delivery from its 124th street location and from its sister restaurant on the southside – Workshop Eatery.
Still At Home Shirts
- 50% of profits from ‘Still At Home’ apparel by Still in Town will be donated to local food banks! So far they’ve donated over $2K to 17 food banks across Canada. Get yours here.
More Isolation Apparel
- Local Graphic Designer Lianne Charlene released these amazing designs available on shirts, mugs, and bags!
ALL PROFITS from her project will be donated to the United Way in a Global Crisis Campaign. Funds will provide relief to those in immediate need due to the global pandemic. Go here to see her stuff.
- Local designer Justine Ma has these fun rainbow heart decals in her online shop. Pop them on windows or walls to spread some cheer! They sell out fast but she does restock.
Flowers + Crafts
- Justine Ma and Designer + Florist Cory Christopher are co-hosting a virtual Mother’s day tea party next Saturday, May 9 at 1 pm on Facebook LIVE! They’ll be sharing stories, doing a fun craft and Cory will host a flower workshop. You can pre-order the flower workshop kit to be delivered on Friday, May 8. Go here.
New At KariSkelton.Com
Grapefruit Kombucha Cocktail: Why not add a healthy twist to your drink? This grapefruit kombucha cocktail is so simple to make and oh-so-delicious! Get the recipe here.
Edmonton Made Hand Sanitizer and Masks: A master list of some amazing Edmonton area shops creating hand sanitizer and non-medical masks in the middle of the Corona Virus pandemic. See the list here.
Easy Crispy Crunch Cake: A light, fluffy, decadent treat! The best part? It’s SUPER simple to whip up.
Just three ingredients in this Easy Crispy Crunch Cake! Get the recipe here.
Read more Local Love Lists here.
Do you know of any hidden gems or cool local product happening in the Edmonton area that may be a fit for the Local Love List? Please email me!