This Satsuma Simple Syrup adds all sorts of warmth and feel-good to your cocktails.
It’s also a great holiday addition to a glass of champagne or sparkling water!
Not only does this Satsuma Simple Syrup taste amazing, but it will make your house smell so good, too! We’re only able to treat ourselves to Satsumas for a short period of time (they’re only in season from November to January), so now is the time to whip this stuff up! The syrup can be made with just juice and sugar, but adding in the ginger and cloves really ramps up the overall taste.
Satsuma Syrup is one of the key ingredients in my Satsuma Smash Cocktail!
- Six big Satsumas (this will yield about one cup of juice)
- One cup of sugar
- Two small chunks of ginger, sliced or grated
- Three cloves
- Juice the Satsumas. I use an orange hand juicer, but you can just use your hands if you prefer.
- Simmer juice, sugar, and grated ginger together for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- With ten minutes left, add in six cloves.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour into a glass jar.
photos: Dallas Curow
Pin this to your Cocktails board and follow me on Pinterest!
Other Posts You’ll Love:
Satsuma Simple Syrup
- 6 Big Satsumas (this will make about one cup)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Small chunks of ginger sliced or grated
- 6 Cloves
- Juice Satsumas.
- Simmer juice, sugar and grated ginger together for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally
- With 10 minutes left, add in six cloves.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Pour into a glass jar.