Hidden gems, cool local products, and unique events happening in the Edmonton area.
Scroll down to see what made your Local Love List this week!
The Local Love List is published every Friday. Be sure to pop back next week to see what’s up!
Custom Forever Pumpkins
- These amazing pumpkins are not only unique but will last you forever! Expert Pumpkin Carver Natasha Guindon carves custom designs into synthetic pumpkins that maintain for years to come! I feel like this would be perfect for especially businesses (she can carve most business logos in). Prices start at $50 for the smaller pumpkins and $60 for the regular size and go up depending on the detail of the image (for instance, the Oilers one shown below is $70). With Halloween approaching, make sure you get your order in as soon as possible! Contact Natasha here.
Halloween Party Supplies
- One of my favourite local party supply companies has the best tableware for your Halloween shindig. Check out Bow & Tie events Halloween lineup here.
Pumpkin Fun For Littles
- Draw on, paint, hammer into, and bedazzle your pumpkin spooktacularly at Creation Space art studio. This no-carve pumpkin workshop runs on Saturday, October 26 from 5:30-6:30. Cost is $35 and includes all supplies (you’ll bring your own pumpkin). Register here.
New DT Market
- Get a sneak peek of the new Downtown Market! Renovations have wrapped at the indoor, year-round space just east of The Art Gallery of Alberta. Tomorrow (Saturday, October 5) from 11-1 pm you’ll be able to catch a free shuttle, every 30 minutes, from the market’s 104th street location to the new site. More here.
- Beloved local photographer and mental illness survivor and advocate, Blake Loates is back with her resilience sessions! This is the perfect gift to yourself (and perfect way to celebrate surviving) after going through a really difficult time in life. In the portrait photography session, Blake will get to know you and your story and snap photos for you to keep as a reminder of your resilience through the tough time. This books up super fast and she just listed them. There are a few different packages to choose from. Book a session here!
Edmonton Corn Maze
- Only a few more weeks to check out the Edmonton Corn Maze (they shut down for the season on October 20). It’s the perfect family outing for fall! We finally checked it out for the first time the other day and our little guy Wyatt had a ball! You can walk or ride through part of the maze on a John Deere tractor-pulled train, kids can jump on the massive inflatable air pillows, visit the farm animals, take in Farmcade games, and so much more. All details here.
New French Restaurant
- Brasserie Bardot is now open on High Street in the old Manor Cafe location (10109 125 Street). The pub-style bistro, brought to you by the owners of Violino across the parking lot, features French cuisine with a modern twist and a highlight on cocktails. Check them out here.
- 104 Street will look a little different these next few weeks! Kicking off Edmonton Design Week, the Vignettes public gallery starts tomorrow (October 5) and runs until the beginning of November. Take in 15,000 square feet and two levels of works of 100 local businesses, 15 artists, and many designers, woodworkers, architecture firms and contractors. The festival theme this year is MUSE. Find it at 10420 103 Ave (just south of Edmonton’s Neon Sign Museum). More details here.
Halloween Craft Kit
- A fun activity for your kids’ next craft playdate or if you’re hosting a Halloween party for little ones. This limited edition craft kit from Made Social comes with all the supplies needed to create a festive cat necklace. The kits are $17. Get yours here.
Taste of Home Gala
- I’m so honoured to be part of this unforgettable evening of food and fun in support of Ronald McDonald House Charities! As a gala committee member, I would love to personally invite you to join us and help raise money for this incredible place in our city! The Taste of Home Gala features six of Edmonton’s top chefs coming together to create one beautiful meal for attendees. Last year’s inaugural gala raised over $240,000 for the families who call our House home during one of life’s most difficult times, the illness of a child. The event is on November 6 at the Edmonton Convention Centre. Get your tickets here.
Discount Codes To Shop:
Don’t forget to check out the Discount Codes section at KariSkelton.com for the latest deals on some of our favourite places to shop! (A new one was just added this week)! Go here.
New At KariSkelton.com
How To Style Spanx Faux Leather Leggings: I’ve partnered with some of my favourite style bloggers to give you a whole bunch of ideas on how to style Spanx faux leather leggings! Find links to shop each outfit and info on these babes’ social platforms so you can give them a follow! Read here.
Toddler Rockstar Outfit: The perfect edgy-cool look for your little one! Recreate this toddler rockstar outfit with links to shop a cool band tee, moto jeans, awesome kicks, and faux leather jacket! Read here.
Do you know of any hidden gems, cool local product, or unique events happening in the Edmonton area that may be a fit for the Local Love List? Please email me!
Leave a Reply