Discover hidden gems, cool local product, and unique events happening in the Edmonton area. Here’s your new Local Love List!
All is Bright Festival
- 124th Street will be officially lit up this weekend! The All is Bright festival is on tomorrow (Saturday, November 10) from 4-8pm. Roaming entertainment, fire pits, smores bars, food trucks, mulled wine, etc. Plus, many local businesses in the area are staying open late and offering amazing deals. Most of the action will be taking place on 124th Street at 108th Ave.
Local Food Magazine
- A new home to get all your local food news. I’m excited to pick up a copy of Eat Local Magazine – a brand new Edmonton publication focused on sharing stories of local growers, producers, food makers, and retailers. They hope to “inspire people to change their buying habits to support local, cook and bake with more local ingredients, and support the small businesses that make our city and province so great.” More info here.
- There’s a brand new library space in Capilano! The Edmonton Public Library’s Capilano branch officially opened yesterday at 9915 67 Street. Community rooms, study rooms, and tons of natural light at the new space which is right next to the beautiful Fulton Ravine. There will be an official grand opening celebration on November 23! More info here.
Surviving Family Photos
- New at KariSkelton.com: My friend, local photographer Dallas Curow shares with us, 10 tips for not only surviving but actually enjoying your family photo shoot! Read it and see all the beautiful snaps from our session here!
Culina Pop Up
- Here’s a fun way to discover locally made food and drinks. Culina at the Muttart hosts monthly themed dinners Edmonton makers. The next one is ‘A Night in Malaysia’ on November 14 from 5-9pm. Your $55 tickets includes three courses and a beer pairing. Find out more here.
Made Social Christmas
- A Christmas workshop is coming your way from Made Social! The modern craft community is hosting a holiday event in collaboration with Plum Home + Design on December 12. More details, along with ticket info is coming soon. Be sure to subscribe to their mailing list to be the first to hear about it! These sell out pretty fast, so you’ll need to be on it!
- This may be something you could make and gift to a friend for Christmas! Local artist Samantha Williams-Chapelsky is hosting an abstract art painting workshop on November 17 at The Orange Hub (10045 156 Street). You’ll create your own 20″ x 20″ design on a birch panel. Get tickets here!
- One of our favourite local kids’ clothing brands is having a big sale! Darling Designz is ethically-made clothes for little ones using the comfiest, sustainable fabrics. Wyatt has a few pairs of the joggers and a sweater, and I’m telling you – this stuff is amazing quality! Sign up for their mailing list to get in on today’s sale!
Helping Local Babies
- Basically Babies – a local charity which supports vulnerable babies in our city who are in extreme need, is hosting it’s first Christmas Market today and tomorrow (Friday, November 9 and Saturday, November 10) from 10-4pm. You can shop holiday floral arrangements, jewellery, treats, cards, and more. A portion of sales will go to the cause! Find them at 14839 118 Avenue.
Jumpsuits Under $100
- New at KariSkelton.com this week: This fall, I found two jumpsuits I absolutely love. They’re both under $100, versatile enough to dress up or down, and they’ll take you through every season. Not only that but they’re both from Edmonton boutiques! Shop them and see how I styled each one in my latest blog post.
- Check out The Edmonton Guide to Shopping Local! I was thrilled to do a guest blog post for Kerri-lyn Holland of Holland and Associates. The list showcases my favourite local shops from several different areas in and around Edmonton! Read it here.
Read last week’s Local Love List here.
Follow more of our local adventures here.
If you know of any hidden gems, cool local product, or unique events happening in the Edmonton area, please email me.
Leave a Reply