Hidden gems, cool local products, and unique events happening in the Edmonton area.
Scroll down to see what made your Local Love List this week!
The Local Love List is published every Friday. Be sure to pop back next week to see what’s up!
Halloween Candy and Beer
YEG Date is hosting a fun festive night out to celebrate Halloween. Sample four S.Y.C Brewing Co. brews paired with four different types of Halloween candy. Tickets are $25 per person. Go here to get yours.
- Take your diamonds and flower game up a notch with this really unique Bloom Box from FaBLOOMosity. You’ll get
preserved Ecuadorian rose flower heads arranged in’s classic Bloom Box with crystals in the centre of each rose. These are intended to last for years (the roses do not require water or refrigeration). Order here.
- This is a great night out with friends! The crew at Clos General Leather Goods have two unique workshops. Whiskey and Wallets and Belts and Beer where you’ll learn how to hand make your very own wallet or belt. Read all about it here.
Mimosas + Merch
- Six small local shops are coming together for an awesome event at The Creative Hive! Shop a few consignment shops and browse the best from a few clothing and jewellery designers while sipping fabulous coffee or a mimosa! Tickets are free but you need to register for the event. You can do that here!
- If you have a baby shower, kids birthday party, or, really, any celebration coming up – this is for you! My friends at Party and Confetti are celebrating their second anniversary with an amazing giveaway! It includes a custom themed confetti decor package (main event area) + a 13 ft balloon arch by Party & Confetti, a party box (party supplies) by Bow and Tie events, a dozen cupcakes by Raes Baking Co, and a dozen of cookies by Angelina Contini. Go here to enter.
Red Ribbon Pop Up
- One of my favourite local boutiques has expanded as we gear up to head into the holiday season. Red Ribbon boutique has acquired the old Fox and Tux space on High Street (steps from their main location) for a pop up from now until January.
Halloween Cookie Colouring
- Sweetness has a Halloween-themed cookie colouring set! Perfect for your playdate before or on the 31st! Shop it here.
Pack A Purse Deadline
- There’s a wonderful fundraiser going on right now at Kingsway Mall. The goal of Pack a Purse is to collect new or gently used purses filled with essentials for those in need. Pack the purse you wish to donate with personal hygiene products like shampoo, conditioner, a toothbrush, toothpaste, etc and drop it off at Kingsway up until October 19th (look for the big red purse on the main level by Starbucks). Donations will go to various organizations including The Bissel Centre and The Mustard Seed.
Make Bids For Ronald McDonald House Charities
- The 2019 Taste of Home online auction is LIVE! Bid on more than 60 amazing prizes from culinary and travel experiences to rare, signed memorabilia and more! The best part? You’re raising money to help families in need. Go here to see what’s up for grabs! The Taste of Home Gala is on November 6 at The Edmonton Convention Centre. Get your tickets here.
New At KariSkelton.com
- An Interview With HGTV’s Bryan Baeumler: What life is really like renovating a resort in the Bahamas! I chat with HGTV Canada star Bryan Baeumler ahead of his appearance at The Edmonton Fall Home Show. Plus, details on how you can meet him this weekend!
How We’re Prepping For Halloween: Long-lasting custom pumpkins, festive movies + books for toddlers, and mantle ideas!
Do you know of any hidden gems, cool local product, or unique events happening in the Edmonton area that may be a fit for the Local Love List? Please email me!
Leave a Reply