Hidden gems, cool local product, and unique events happening in the Edmonton area. Here’s what’s on your Local Love List this week!
The Local Love List is published each week at KariSkelton.com. Be sure to pop in next week to see what’s up!
Holiday Colouring House
- Well, this is way less messy! LOL! I adore this cookie colouring house by Sweetness! The package comes with all the stuff to put the house together, a gingerbread man and tree cookie, as well as edible ink markers for you and your little ones to colour away! If you’re like me you’ll get one for your kid and one for yourself. 🙂 Shop them here.
- My friends at Made Social are hosting a Chunky Knit Wreath-making soiree! The workshop party is on Wednesday, December 11 at Plum Home and The Foundry Room in the Oliver Exchange Building (12021 102 Ave). Secure your spot here.
- Alberta Ballet’s The Nutcracker runs next Wednesday, December 4-Sunday at The Jube. I will be reading during StoryTime before the matinee performance on Sunday, December 8. I would love to see you there! Get tickets and showtimes here.
- This is the greatest massage I’ve ever had. I’ve been going to Soul to Sole Massage Therapy and Wellness Studio and without trying to sound too dramatic, it’s changed my life! They focus on therapy and healing your body as well as the relaxation and zen that comes with getting a massage. They offer a variety – sports massages, deep tissue, prenatal, and more. You can check them out at their downtown or southside location. All the details here.
Local Dog Food
- We just started our pups on a LOCAL raw food that is delivered right to our door and is cost-effective! Granddog Essentials is a family-owned and operated business with delivery in Edmonton AND Calgary. Check them out here.
Copper Wreath Workshop
- Still a few spots left in Flowers By Willows Copper Wreath workshops coming up next weekend! All the details here.
Kids Eat Free PIZZA!
- Pop into Love Pizza where kids eat FREE on Sundays! Check out their locations here.
- Edmonton’s first full-on outdoor Christmas market is on! It will be set up in downtown Edmonton at ATB Place. The Edmonton Christmas Market features a winter carnival, magical light installations, live entertainment, both an indoor local marketplace as well as outdoor market huts, Santa’s Knotty Pine Village, family-friendly beverage gardens, and a whole lot more! The market will run every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for four weeks from now until December 21. More here.
Mindful Eating Men
- As part of Movember, Blair Lebsack (owner of RGE RD) has teamed up with Whole Family Clinic to show men easy ways to improve their health through mindful eating. The health food event is happening this Sunday, Dec. 1 at RGE RD (10643 123 St) to mark the end of Movember. Tickets are $50 with 100% of proceeds donated to Movember! Details here.
NYE Family Fun
- This is a fun night out with your family! NYE After Dark is on at Galaxyland in West Edmonton Mall from 7 pm to midnight (December 31). Admission will be 50% OFF! Enjoy unlimited rides, live DJ, photobooth, and a countdown at midnight! All the details here.
New At KariSkelton.com
Create Memories With Christmas Gifts: Featuring some of my faves from Poppy Barley and a few other awesome Canadian brands: here are four ideas on how you can create memories with Canadian Christmas gifts!
Master Holiday Party Makeup: Awesome tips from my expert friend on how to master holiday party makeup! How to take your look from day to night, what to make sure you have on for photos, and a little trick to avoid lipstick on your teeth and glassware!
Win A New Car With Husky: Details on how you could win a new car, plus other amazing prizes including fuel for five years! Plus, learn about the most convenient way to gas up and wash your vehicle, guaranteed to save you time and money.
Layering Leopard Fleece Pullover: Shop my leopard fleece pullover, a few amazing teddy and faux fur coats, and my new Mala necklace!
Read more Local Love Lists here.
Do you know of any hidden gems, cool local product, or unique events happening in the Edmonton area that may be a fit for the Local Love List? Please email me!
Leave a Reply