Hidden gems, cool local products, and unique events happening in the Edmonton area.
Here’s what’s on your Local Love List this week!
The Local Love List is published every Friday at KariSkelton.com. Be sure to pop in next week to see what’s up!
Great Date Night
- Greta Bar is such a great spot for a date night! We went last Friday, and loved it! To paint the picture – it’s an upscale arcade and bar serving up street food right from a built-in food truck! I mean… how cool is that? The food isn’t just ‘good for bar food’, it’s actually really, really good. Every night is date night, which includes two signature cocktails and a $20 gaming card. All the little touches make this place great – for example, all the games have cup holders! Check them out here.
The five best overall restaurants, according to Avenue Magazine are:
Get tickets to the Best Restaurants event here.
Downtown Dining Week
It’s on! Downtown Dining Week kicked off this past Wednesday, and runs until March 22. Enjoy a two-course lunch and brunch for $20, and/or multi-course dinner for $35 or $50. See the list of nearly 50 participating restaurants here.
Town Square Brewing has teamed up with The Art of Cake on a new brew. White Wedding is made with a cake from AOC! Yes, actually. It will be available starting April 1. You can watch the video of the cake being dumped into the mix here.
Found these adorable mugs at Jilly’s Boutique in Windermere! Call the store to snag one. 780-452-2595.
Shop Local Sale
- My friends at Nest in the City – the modern marketplace for motherhood – will be rescheduling their Spring Sample Sale that was set for this Saturday, March 14. I’ll let you know the new date as soon as I know. My tee, Winnies Online boots, Cooper Blu scrunchie, and this amazing Campfire Blanket from Lace Brick Design are all from vendors that we’re supposed to be at the market. Shop them online and show your support for our local businesses who (like many) are taking a hit right now.
- I hear if you dress for spring it will come! 🙂 Scored this amazing blue floral dress from Shop the Skinny for my hosting duties at last weekend’s International Women’s Day event at West Edmonton Mall. Shop it here.
Antique Store Westmount
- Be sure to pop into this really cool antiques shop in Westmount. The General Merchant occupies a 106-year old historic building at 10985 127th street. Find all sorts of vintage gems – collectible toy cars, home decor, records, toys, etc. The owner, Alexander Archbold, also has an impressive YouTube channel where he and his wife document renovation projects – most recently of their own home.
- Kevin Kosswan will be hosting foraging walks through Edmonton’s river valley. The filmmaker and ‘culinary expeditioner’ will guide you through discovering wild fruit, greens, onions, spices, herbs, mushrooms, flowers, roots, and more. Several dates have been released between May and September. Secure your tickets here.
New At KariSkelton.com
My Vegas Must-Do List: The best breakfast EVER, a show you have to get tickets for, and one of the greatest views in the city!
Read more Local Love Lists here.
Do you know of any hidden gems, cool local product, or unique events happening in the Edmonton area that may be a fit for the Local Love List? Please email me!
Leave a Reply