Hidden gems, cool local products, and unique events in the Edmonton area.
Here’s what’s on your Local Love List this week!
The Local Love List is published the first Friday of every month at KariSkelton.com.
Thank you for continuing to read my blog, and supporting my small business!
New Winter Patio
- Tiramisu Bistro is in the process of setting up three private dining igloos outside its front doors on 124th street. They say reservations can be made very soon! (all restaurants and bars are still closed to in-person dining). Check out the full list of The Best Winter Patios in Edmonton.
Kids Bubblegum Toothpaste
- Edmonton-based Change Toothpaste launched its new Bubblegum flavour (Wyatt loves it)! These dentist-approved, zero-waste toothpaste tablets are vegan-friendly, not tested on animals, free of harsh chemicals, gluten, dairy, nuts and soy and come packaged in a 100% compostable pouch. They also have spearmint and cinnamon flavours. Shop here!
River Valley Glamping
- Looks like glamping has arrived in Edmonton’s River Valley! Urban River Adventures has acquired the rights to use Big Island (just upstream from Edmonton and only accessible by boat) for glamping, tree tent camping, kayaking, paddle boarding, island hopping tours, backcountry workshops, gold panning, and more! There are two canvas tents, one bubble, and one dome (in addition to tree tenting). Reservations are available from May 14-October 31. Explore the site and make your reso here.
Explore Edmonton Shirts
- Proceeds from these cool Explore Edmonton shirts will be divided evenly and distributed to participating small local businesses who are recovering from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. So great! Go here to support.
- Play in Colour is a new local company that hand makes one-of-a-kind crayons! You can order personalized crayons with your kid’s names or custom shapes. They also feature their latest creations on their feed. Shop here.
More Tubing Parks
- Edmonton Ski Hill’s new snow tube park (featured in last month’s Local Love List) is such a hit you’re hard-pressed to snag a reservation. The team at yeg.date put together a list of a few more tubing parks around Edmonton. Check out here.
Skating Rink Map
- Local blogger, Christina Bruckmann (@anotheryegmommy on IG) has put together another map for us! Each year around the holidays she releases a map of the hidden gem light displays in and around the city and now she’s done the same but with the best places to skate. Check it out here.
Food To Try
- We discovered an amazing Korean restaurant and proceeded to order from them multiple times in December. Do yourself a favour and try Hanjan (Oliver Square) I recommend the Corn Cheese and Japchae.
- Looking to find some more joy this year? Then this is your journal! I’m in the process of working through The Joy Journal – a ‘soulfully strategic 90-day system designed for aligning with joy’. This beautiful journal created by local Joy + Mindfulness Coach, Jillian Schecher, provides thoughtful daily writing prompts that allow you to tap into mindfulness and practice deep gratitude, Check it out here!
Glow Pantry Online
- You can now shop Glow Juicery’s pantry online! Coconut bacon, homemade vegan salad dressings, and more. Go here.
Local Raw Dog Food
- Our friends at Grand Dog Essentials are offering KariSkelton.com readers 10% off your first order over $50! Our dogs have been eating this made-in-Alberta raw dog food for over a year. They’re an amazing local company and unlike other raw dog foods out there, the food is cost-effective. Be sure to also check out their Instagram where they offer amazing tips for feeding your dog.
Remember you can always find discount codes to shop Canadian-made products (exclusive to KariSkelton.com readers) right here.
- Ry and I just finished this amazing ‘Reset’ from Hutch and Howl. Feeling so good! The three-day reset includes 10 juices, three bowls, three soups, six shots, as well as optional nutritional consults pre and post care. Check it out here
- This tastes SO good and SO good for you! I discovered KB&Co’s Matcha Mint Latte over the holidays and now want one all the time. It has oat milk, maple syrup, vanilla, mint, *eunoia superfoods – ‘matcha made in heaven’ blend (matcha green tea, moringa, lotus pollen). More here.
Missed last month’s Local Love List? Go here.
Leave a Reply