- How about some fresh tulips to freshen up your home? Local floral designer Cory Christopher is offering a four-week tulip subscription where you can get a 20-stem bunch delivered to your door once a week for a month. Not only that, if you order by today you get a fifth week FREE. Order here!
Babes Who Brunch
- As I write this there are only a handful of tickets left for tomorrow’s (Saturday, February 23) Babes Who Brunch event at the Hotel MacDonald! The event, hosted by The Ace Class, goes from 10-12 pm. Get 15% off your ticket with the code BrunchWithKari. Your ticket includes coffee, a two-course brunch, my speech, and a sweet swag bag. Get tickets here! I’ll be sharing my story of becoming a blogger, how I make it all work as a full-time mom and entrepreneur, and I’m hoping for lots of questions from you!
Southside Coffee Shop
- I popped into Awake Coffee House for a meeting last week. The coffee shop is combined with a pharmacy, making this one of the unique business models I’ve ever heard of. The business is owned by four pharmacists and even the stools at the coffee bar are a seafoam green colour, like liquid penicillin or nurse’s scrubs. 😉 It’s cute, and most importantly, the WiFi is good (and so was the Honey Lavender Latte).
- I found out about this cool wall from my friend Linda Hoang who hosts photo walks where you can discover the best Instagrammable walls in Edmonton. You’ll find this one on the side of Grower’s Direct florist at 72 Street and 101 Ave. Check Linda’s site to find out when her next walk is and shop my favourite lunch bag (shown below) right here.
- My boys surprised me with this awesome plant and pot last weekend. We’ve been trying to incorporate more plants into our home decor. They picked it up at the most adorable boutique – The Little Plant Shop at 10462 82 Ave. (Whyte Ave). If you’re looking to get some new house plants while supporting local, this is your place! Check them out here.
- This locally made soup is a staple in our house. Soup Time soups are ready in 30 minutes and you typically just add meat or a few fresh veggies. Also, I love that they give you two cooking options – if you’re in a rush or if you have time. You can pick some up at several local markets and retail locations including Freson Brothers. More here.
Women’s Health Event
- I wish I could make this event. You should definitely go! Park Integrative Health in Sherwood Park is hosting a panel chat on finding harmony in work, life, and wellness. The lineup of contributors is amazing! Get your tickets here.
Online Clothing Boutique
- This amazing long pocketed blush cardigan is from the Edmonton-based online shop called Hey Sis Boutique, run by sisters Kendra and Char. It was their dream to work together and now they are living it! Yah, girls! Browse their site of amazing cardigans, cute tees, dresses, and jeans.
- The award-winning musical is on until March 17 at The Citadel. Kid’s six and up are welcome! Tickets and more details here. Also, you can now register your kids for spring and summer classes for kids. Check it out here.
New at KariSkelton.com
Houndstooth Coat With Faux Fur Pockets: This Houndstooth coat with faux fur pockets is pretty much sold out everywhere except one place and I have a 20% off discount code for you to shop!
Eco-Friendly I’m Hoot Sweatshirt: This adorable I’m a Hoot sweatshirt is so soft, made with sustainable material, and comes in three different colours. Find a discount code to pre-order (only until February 26)!
Read More Local Love Lists:
If you know of any hidden gems, cool local product, or unique events happening in the Edmonton area, please email me.
Leave a Reply