Babes Who Brunch Talk
- I’m SO thrilled to be the guest speaker at Babes Who Brunch, hosted by The Ace Class. I’ll be sharing my story of becoming a blogger, how I make it all work as a full-time mom and entrepreneur, and I’m hoping for lots of questions from you! The event goes February 23rd from 10-12 pm at The Hotel MacDonald. Get 15% off your ticket with the code BrunchWithKari. Your ticket includes coffee, a two-course brunch, my speech, and a sweet swag bag! Get tickets here!
- If you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day this weekend and still need a gift (or you just want to treat yourself), browse through locally-designed So Pretty Cara Cotter jewelry. One of the reasons I love this company so much is the thoughtful way they create their pieces. More on that here. These are a few of my favourites:
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Shop
- Cinnaholic is opening it’s second location next week at 10345 Whyte Ave. The company, featured on Shark Tank, has another location in our city at 109th Street near Jasper Ave, and dozens more across Canada and the U.S. Cinnamon rolls will be $1 from 10-2pm on opening day – February 22!
Amazing Dress Pants
- I wore the silkiest, super comfy dress pants on my Valentine’s date with Ry last night. These green with black lace pants are from a brand new online boutique called Novee, featuring clothes imported from Amsterdam. Nicole (who runs the company) was born and raised in the Netherlands, and moved to Edmonton five years ago. All the clothes are under $80! Shop here.
Silver Skate Festival
- It’s the final weekend of Silver Skate Festival at Hawrelak Park. There’s a snow garden with stunning snow sculpture art, public skating, horse-drawn sleigh rides, and so much more! Edmonton Transit runs a shuttle service to and from the University Transit Centre (bus stop #2636) to Hawrelak Park. Shuttles run every 30 minutes from 9 a.m. to noon, and then every 15 minutes until the last departure from Hawrelak Park at 6:15 pm.
- While you’re down at Hawrelak for Silver Skate, make sure to check out the Ice Castles. You have until the end of February to do so. Make sure you reserve your spot ahead of time and if you have little ones, and opt for a sleigh or baby carrier instead of a stroller for easier maneuvering through the snow.
New Italian Restaurant
- There’s a new Italian restaurant in town! Nello’s is officially open at 11520 100 ave right across from LaMarchand Mansion. It’s owned and operated by the same family who ran Il Pasticcio (the restaurant in the same space that closed a year ago). Nello’s also has a location in St. Albert.
Kid’s Party Idea
- This is the cutest idea ever for sleepovers and birthday parties! I stumbled upon Sweet Dreams Slumber on Instagram the other day. This business, based in Beaumont, rents little tents, mattresses and all the fun accessories for your little’s party! Check out prices here.
Yoga & Tacos
- If you’ve ever wanted to yoga in a tequila cellar, now’s your chance! Yeg Date is hosting Yoga & Tacos at El Cortez next Thursday, February 21. Your ticket includes a 45-minute yoga class and two tacos afterwards. Get tickets here.
Green Beauty Shop
- Well & Belle Natural Beauty is a new online green beauty shop based out of Edmonton. They carry several lines of skin care and makeup – all clean and green. I got this pack from Well & Belle, and my skin is loving it! Shop here.
Feel Good Syrup
- Here I go again talking about this syrup, but I’m telling you – this stuff is gold. Not only is it great for keeping colds at bay, but I’ve also been mixing a teaspoon with sparkling water at the end of the day as a replacement for wine. (I still enjoy wine every once in a while, but I’m trying to get out of the habit of having a glass every evening). It tastes AH-mazing and it’s really good for you. I love supporting this local business (list of retailers here) and my U.S friends – you can order this online and get free shipping by emailing the company directly.
$250 Nordstrom Giveaway
- I’ve teamed up with nine of my favourite bloggers to give away a $250 shopping spree at Nordstrom! That’s the only place where you can still score this coat, and you can also snag this backpack (It’s a diaper bag but I use it for work). You can shop this look here and enter the contest here.
New At KariSkelton.com
The Loveliest Lunch Bags: The loveliest lunch bags you ever did see! Shop the one I own plus ten other pretty options. I’ve also included links to shop my neutrals outfit for spring.
Trend: Floral Cropped Pants: Floral cropped pants are a big trend this spring and I’m loving it. Shop my outfit, including these pants at 20% off!
Read last week’s Local Love List here!
If you know of any hidden gems, cool local product, or unique events happening in the Edmonton area, please email me.