I saw a woman leaving the gym today with her car’s convertible top down, blasting Havana. Does this count as the first official sign of spring? The budding leaves and robins may have something to say about, that but I think it counts!
Here’s what I’m loving lately, and my OMG Instagram moment is at the bottom of the post.
- Cherry Blossom Kimono: The kimono is the new blazer. (Although I still love a good blazer). I normally go with a duster-style but this is the length I love for looking stylish while parenting. Shop it here.
- Power Pumps: You can’t help but feel very Carrie Bradshaw in these suede beauties by Sam Edelman (you can also shop them here). Pink is a big part of spring trends this year but I’m a fan all year round. I also love these lilac mules and these pink floral heels.
- Bikini: Such a good price on this ruffle off the shoulder bikini! I found this line (Aria Voss) right before our trip to Mexico in January. I didn’t place my order in time for our vacay, so I’m saving mine for summer. I really thought the quality would be compromised because of the price, but it wasn’t (keep in mind, I haven’t worn it to the beach yet so that could change!). For now, it’s looking really pretty in my swimsuit drawer.
- Tassel Earrings: Definitely the “it” jewellery piece of the moment. It took me a while to jump on board but now I’m embracing the trend. I love wearing a bigger, light-coloured earring (even silver) if I’m having a drab day with my complexion. I find it really brightens up my face! Shop my earrings here. These cream and clear ones are fabulous and I love these black ones.
- Pretty Candle: The Pink Grapefruit & Prosecco candle from Capri Blue‘s Gilded Muse collection is not only aesthetically pleasing but smells fresh and feminine. Perfect for your bathroom or home office. This is the second one I’ve owned (both of them gifts from Ryan). Shop here. Locals: Shades of Grey Boutique carries the line.
- Fancy Chocolate: Sea salt and caramelized milk chocolate just belong together. The Jackie by Jacek Chocolate is so delicious. I needed a chocolate bar for each hand so I also picked up The Colette, I almost didn’t want to open the package because it looks so pretty (don’t worry, I did). These are perfect for a Mother’s Day gift or birthday present paired with some wine. I enjoyed mine with a glass of Amarone while watching This is Us. Perfect evening!
OMG Moment: Someone commented on a recent Instagram photo of me asking if I was pregnant (I most definitely am not). You can peek at the photo here and decide for yourself (the comment has since been deleted by them). Although this person is very sweet and I’m sure there was zero malicious intent, I’m still floored people have the guts to ask without knowing 100%! My first reaction was to laugh, and then I laughed some more. It honestly didn’t get to me but I can see how it might for others. When I chatted with you guys on IG Story about this, I couldn’t believe how many of you said you’ve experienced the same thing – in some cases multiple times! My favourite advice shared during that conversation was, “Until you see a foot or the baby is born, don’t ask!”
I hope this made you smile. Enjoy the week, friends!