Hidden gems, cool local products, and unique events happening in the Edmonton area.
Scroll down to see what made your Local Love List this week!
The Local Love List is published every Friday. Be sure to pop back next week to see what’s up!
- Who wouldn’t be excited about this one?! Marvel: Universe of Super Heroes opens at the Telus World of Science next Saturday, October 19! The brand new exhibit features more than 300 artifacts, including some of Marvel’s most iconic and sought-after pages, costumes, and props. All the details here.
- Hansen Distillery is out with its Pumpkin Spice Cream Liqueur! They’re also offering up several yummy cocktail recipes on their Instagram page. Sounds so good!
- Alley Kat Brewing whipped up some Pumpkin Pie Spiced Ale to celebrate the season. You can even grab a keg of it, just in time for Thanksgiving! Shop here.
- Pop into Anvil Coffee House for a Pumpkin Spice Latte, Fog, or Steamer!
- Bloom Cookie created a pumpkin cookie sandwich to drool over! Two soft and delicious pumpkin cookies with a rich vegan cream cheese icing!
- Flirt Cupcakes has pumpkin spice cupcakes all month! Flirt always offers vegan, gluten-friendly, and sugar-free options. Check them out here.
- These will be the best pumpkin tarts you’ve ever had, guaranteed! Sugared and Spiced has them available all weekend. Stop into their store through the alley off Whyte Ave and 103 Street or give them a call at 780-244-2252 to place an order.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, you could make your own pumpkin squares! Check out my recipe here.
Turkey Dinner Pizza
- Turkey dinner on a pizza: why the heck not?! For the entire month of October, Love Pizza is back with its Lovesgiving Pizza! Mashed Potato Spread, Pulled Turkey, Stuffing, Cranberry Chutney, Gravy, Brie Cheese Drizzle. Mmmmmmmm. Order here.
Boutiques in Malls
- Two local clothing boutiques are moving to the mall! The Skinny (which already has a store in Southgate) is opening up at West Ed at the beginning of November. Congrats!
- The crew at The Bamboo Ballroom (off Whyte Ave) is hosting a pop-up shop at Southgate Mall from October 15 – January 15. They will be set up at the south entrance of the mall by The Bay.
Meet Bryan Baeumler
- The star of HGTV Canada’s Island of Bryan (and several more shows) will be on the Main Stage at The Edmonton Fall Home Show next weekend (October 18-20). Next week at KariSkelton.com, you’ll be able to read my exclusive interview with Bryan, where he gets into what life is really like revamping a resort in The Bahamas (and moving his entire family there with him). I will also have four VIP meet and greet tickets for one lucky winner to spend time at the Home Show with Bryan before his presentation! Details on the Edmonton Fall Home Show here.
New Cocktail Bar
- Alchemy is now open on the fifth floor of the brand new JW Marriott. The cocktail bar and lounge also has a patio overlooking Rogers Place for those warmer months ahead. Check them out here.
- It’s the last weekend of the year to experience the High Level Bridge Streetcar! The restored locomotive takes you along former Canadian Pacific Railway trackage, from Edmonton’s historic Old Strathcona area, through the only CPR Tunnel built east of the Canadian Rockies, and across the High Level Bridge into Edmonton’s Downtown. It’s a fun way to get across the river! Check out the schedule here.
photo: Dallas Curow
- A new brewery just opened its doors downtown! Campio Brewing is set up in the old Characters restaurant location at 10257 105, just down the street from Yellowhead Brewery. It’s the fourth brewery of The Bearhills Brewing Company (Jasper Brewing Co., Banff Brewing Co, Last Best Brewing and Distilling). More here.
- Sweetness branded confections is out with its Sweetbreasts cookies in honour of Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October). Choose from a six or 12-pack of hand-decorated signature royal-icing sugar cookies with a portion of net proceeds donated to the Breast Cancer Society of Canada. Available the entire month of October and they ship right across Canada. Order yours here.
New At KariSkelton.com
(just in case you missed it!)
Kids Rainbow Jacket: The coolest outerwear ever! Shop this kids rainbow jacket from one of our favourite Canadian brands, along with details and links to shop the rest of Wyatt’s outfit.
Time Saver: Free Prescription Delivery: In the seventh of my Time Saver Tuesday series, I’m sharing the details of a new FREE prescription delivery service with a two-hour delivery window and GPS tracking. You’ll never have to spend time at a pharmacy again!
My Favourite Fall Coats: These three beauties are definitely my favourite fall coats this year. The best part is, you can layer and still rock them for winter!
Do you know of any hidden gems, cool local product, or unique events happening in the Edmonton area that may be a fit for the Local Love List? Please email me!
Other Posts You’ll Love
Leave a Reply